1. http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewforum.php?id=7 – A forum for educators using Scratch. Lots of good thoughts here.
2. http://scratch.mit.edu/videos – intro videos on the main Scratch site. All of them are good and not too long.
3. http://www.funlearning.de/ – Designing Animations and Games – A Creative Introduction to Programming ( translated from German )
4. http://scratch.mit.edu/cards – some simple on page exercises to get them started
5. http://scratch.mit.edu/files/program-concepts-v5.pdf Basic programming concepts and example code demonstrating them. 3 pages.
6. http://learnscratch.org/ – loads of terrific video tutorials showing concepts and projects
Some ideas for projects:
1. Animate your name
2. Make an object dance
Sample projects I noticed:
1. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/sjhalasz/8560 – simulate gravity and a ball
2. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/bigB/15121 – PacMan !
3. http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/EdnaC/48110 – Simple moon lander
4. http://scratch.mit.edu/galleries/browse/mostvisited – check out the galleries