Peanutty! was created by Jared Cosulich as a way to make it easier for people to learn how to program while having fun.
Basically it works like this:
• Person discovers Peanutty! and starts solving puzzles, conquering challenges, and just having fun.
• Person notices that everything they do creates code in the coding area.
• Person starts to play with the code, making larger and larger tweaks to see what happens.
• Eventually person starts writing code directly, potentially even creating their own challenge or puzzle to share with others.
• The next person who comes along has access to more interesting puzzles and challenges to play with.